When I hear of the name Singtel, I think of something that is branded, classy and has quality. Today I went to the Singtel Academy located at Bukit Timah (next to NJC). I was surprised by the building. It is very old and run down. Ironically, this is where all the Singtel IT people work. However, they are moving to North Serangoon by end of this year. Maybe the building there is newer and more representative of Singtel's name.
Anyway, for today's interview, I am very reliefed that I did some last minute studying of my CS3214 textbook. I read up on J2EE and the differences between the entity and session beans. Questions were again asked related to those. I don't like answering them because it reveals how rusty I am with those technical stuff. It has been over a year since I last worked with the J2EE environment. The previous project was a disaster but I learnt a lot from it.
As for my interviewer today, he has visible 'black rings' around his eyes. I can tell that he lacks sleep. I begin to question if I would end up like him if I work there. Anyway, if I am successful, I'll be called up for Round 2 soon. More good news:
1. Interview at Accenture tomorrow!! (Finally! After sending 3 applications...3 times to strike?)
2. Daimler-Chrysler Internship interview soon? (I was rejected for the job 1 month ago... I received a call today asking if I still want or not. I was asked if I have read the job responsibilities because most people didn't and rejected them after they were called up. I suppose that's why after rejecting me 1 month ago, they are crawling back to ask. Hahaha...)
Thursday, August 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Daimler Chrysler! We'll be working in the same company! oceans apart :P Haha. So do you prefer working for big companies like Singtel, DC or be the enterprising salesman at Prudential?
Of course I would prefer to be in big companies... Prudential that one, if can work part-time, I actually wouldn't mind but not as a full-time job for my first career.
However, the DC job is only a 6month internship... they don't have full-time positions available, it is very likely that I might not take it up unless have opportunity to travel overseas :P
Post a Comment