After attending 2 days of tutorials, my perceptions and confidence in financial advisory services has turned very positive. Before this, or should I say long before, I always have a negative impression of insurance agents. Not only me - people around me also feel the same way. Almost every friend I meet with the exception of one or two who have been consulted by financial advisers instead of insurance agents felt differently.
The Singapore government has done a lot to raise and improve the image of financial advisers by passing the Financial Adviser's Act (2002). There are some strict criterias which financial advisers and their representatives must fulfil before engaging a client. The primary objective is to help clients fulfil their financial objectives and NOT pushing for a sale. I don't know whether I'm being biased here or not BUT my confidence for investing money in insurance has never been positive until I learned of Prudential. This company goes the extra mile to ensure that their customers are well-taken care of, through trainings and seminars for the representatives(agents) to train them on better customer relationship building.
I think it is very likely for me to join this industry if I quit the IT field.
Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment