Monday, August 29, 2005

Monday Blues

Today started as how many people would say Monday is -> Horrible. Well, the situation isn't too bad to the extent where I would ramble non-stop about it. In fact, it was just the initial part where I had trouble waking up at 730am just to attend the tutorials at 930am at Paya Lebar. After passing Module 5, I am left with 1 more module to clear - Module 9. This module is so shiong. Comparing A levels to uni then compare to this, I'd have to say the rule of indirect proportionality applies. In A levels, you spend about 1 and a half year to cover the materials. In university, it is reduced to 1 semester (approximately 3months). This course? 1 week. Superman leh all the people here. I guess 1 week because most are either fresh uni/poly grads (assumed to be good at absorbing information) or industry specialists (people who have worked in banks/financial institutions).

Anyway, more about today. I took a bus out to Buona Vista mrt as usual. The crowd of people at the mrt was expected because of rush-hour. Everyone squeezed in like 'packed human sardines'. Being a tall guy is disadvantageous because my arms had to be kept folded or holding the ceiling. Reasons?
1. Prevent accidents. If not ah, it is possible to suddenly hear a squeal then CY's face is marked red with someone's palm. (Probably the lady thinks there's a mosquito ... How considerate.. Haha...)
2. Increase center of gravity by using shoulder and arm contact on other people to stay stable. (Newton's 3rd law - Action & Reaction)

Well, my day wasn't too bad. During the tutorials, I received two calls for interview. One from Singtel and the other from Accenture. I'll be missing afternoon tutorials tomorrow and the day after because of interviews. My priorities now are on interviews and getting a job quick! But.... at the same time, I don't want to fail M9. How? How? How? Self-study for 26chapters in 3 days is suicide without an instructor to summarize. Ah... it's getting late, I have to go attend early morning tutorials again tomorrow morning.

Watch this space for more updates on Interview Adventures soon.

2 comments:

Greenlamb said...

Refresh me again on what the modules are for again? Sudah lupa... :P

CY Chai said...

Financial Advisory Services. Interested to buy insurance? Don't just think insurance is only for protection. There are many types. Some can help you save money for the future. People save money for various reasons - leisure, buy house, children's education, retirement, etc.
Problem is 'insurance' has been spoilt by representatives who are not of good character and only keen on making a sales. Most people have a negative view of it including myself (before tutorials :P)