Yesterday I had my interview at Accenture's Singapore office located on the 33rd floor of Raffles City Tower. The office is AWESOME..... They have spent a lot in really ensuring that the name Accenture equates to something of high quality and class. I could easily describe the office with adjectives like professional, classy, chic, beautiful, smart, elegant, fashionable and the list goes on. I mean.... "WOAH!" ... No wonder people pay Accenture consultants $300+ just to sit down and have coffee with them. (Of course, listen to the consultants tell them things they already know. LOL)
First entry, I thought that I had entered the lobby of a hotel. The receptionist gave me a form to fill up and asked me to go into a small room near the entrance. The small room again... anyway, cut long story short.... made me day-dream. What did I day-dream? I'm somewhere on the other side of the globe on an assignment. I'm just settling the paperwork in the comfort of my hotel suite after a day's negotiations with my clients. Ah... then I snapped back to reality and focused myself - "I WANT THE JOB. I am going to sell myself like I'm the candidate for Google developer position."
After finishing the forms, my interviewer came out to invite me to the interview room. As I walk past the corridor, I can't help noticing but.... "Wah... telescope... wah... pinball machine.... wah... jukebox... wah..... interview room.....wah... flask..... wah......cool cup....wah.. wah...wah...". The feel of the office is very much similar to the main level of NUS Central Library plus the cool discussion rooms. Amazing..... I was just too awed by the environment that made me crave for the job more and more.
My Interview:
Interviewer: "So, tell me about yourself"
CY: "What should I tell him? Hmm" ... Smiled at interviewer and said, "Hmmm, what would you like to know?"
Interviewer: "Up to you. Just make your sales pitch."
CY: "Oh Sh**! Why open ended? Tell what? Tell what?" ... smile some more and answered, "I'm friendly, er.... responsible? er.... tall? er..... I don't know...."
Interviewer: "Hmm... is that how you want me to remember you as?"
CY: "Ah.... **** ... how how how??" .... smile again... and answered, "Haha...er.... " ... smile
Interviewer: "Ok, nevermind. Let's move on to the questions."
CY: "Sh**..... minus marks for CY..... there goes my opportunity".. just smile as if nothing was wrong....
.
.
.
.
.
The interview ended about half an hour later.....Things weren't as bad as it started off. I was actually quite happy with how I presented myself throughout the interview.
The result? Well, as a jesture of courtesy for every interview, I will send an appreciation to my interviewer and whoever contacted me for the interview. I sent my appreciation note very late last night. This afternoon, I received a reply to the appreciation note saying that I passed Round 1 and will be informed of Round 2 next week. :D
Saturday, August 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment