Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Weekday Movie Session

Earlier tonight, my friends and I went out to watch Madagascar. We planned it for quire sometime liao and chose to watch on weekday because it was quite expensive to watch during the weekends with the price hikes. Anyway, the preview and sneak peeks for Madagascar was very promising. However, after watching the show, the "I like to Move it, Move it" song is still playing in my head but there was a feeling inside that something is missing. The show is trying to show that the friendship and bonding between the characters in the movie is much stronger than *censored*.. But something is missing. Story isn't deep enough. Sure, there were some good humour. I love the cute penguins. They are so 'professional' in what they do.

In my opinion, I feel that if the story was around the penguins' adventure, they might be able to develop something interesting. The Madagascar storyline is actually quite simple. Like how +1 puts it - 'Best suited for children'. Oh well... I guess their intended audience were children in the first place...我们这些老小孩... cheated.

No comments: