Saturday, May 28, 2005

Learning Points from AIESEC conference

For the past two days, I attended the AIESEC conference titled "Succeeding in the Global Arena". Once again, these AIESEC conferences challenges my way of thinking. Despite the similiar topics and themes during the conferences - generally about cultural differences and adapting to them, this conference brought another question to myself about how I live my life. Previously I was already struck down and shocked when I don't know what my passion in life is. During the previous camp, when the facilitator asked me what my passion in life was... all I answered was "er...".. then he quickly stopped me and say "Er? You don't know what your passion is. Go back and carefully think about it." Like I said in my previous posts, this is something that is still stuck in me. I think about it daily which makes me think also "Am I thinking about my passion seriously or am I just daydreaming?"

Anyway, in this conference, there was a session about 'culture changing and shifting viewpoints when one moves to a new environment'. I can reflect upon my life before and after coming to Singapore. There are many changes, some for good, some for worse. The way I think and act, my judgements are shaped by the environment that I am in. I'd like to discuss about some of the issues that were discussed in during the 2 day event but it would be a super long post. In short, something that really hit me hard again was "What do I really want in life?". This question is very similar to the question about my passion in life if not the same. hmmm... suppose to have more to say but I think I lost my thinking again.

No comments: