Yesterday, I was able to get hold of the New Straits Times' Classifieds. I went through the list and filtered out some potential work. After making a few calls, I went for a walk-in interview at Bugis. The job as advertised states "Charity fund raising". I was quite happy, thinking "Hey, I get to earn some money while doing some good".
The location of the office is quite 'ulu'. Although I've been to Bugis often, this is the first time I enter Midlink plaza. (For the past few holidays I've been working at Bugis, so am familiar with the area =P) Anyway, first impression on entering is "Freaky Elevator!". I don't like the elevator because the lighting is abit low and yellowish lights with mirrors on three sides. It scares me. Look left, see my reflection but abit dark. Look right, also see my reflection with dark shadings.... Alone in the lift, though is day time but feels like night. I think the idea is to make the place look classy but the lift feels scary rather than classy. As soon as the door opened, I ran out. I didn't dare look at the reflections on the sides. Lucky for the trip down, I had someone else taking the lift. phew~ ... think I think too much liao =P.
The building is filled with offices. The place does look quite classy. On reaching the office, I stood outside examining the surroundings. The other offices have clear windows where you can see what is in their office while this particular office has tinted glasses. I thought "Weird, this doesn't look like any charitable organization". Went inside and saw many empty chairs and a secretary on the phone and application forms. The application form was also 'bad'. It requested for some personal information such as family members, their salary, 3 friends information. I ignored those sections in the form. This is what happens after studying all the privacy issues in NUS... become paranoid =P... Previously, I would be happily filling up information as requested.
After the interview, I went back to check out the website stated on the bookmark. Either I got the website address wrongly or it was a scam. In the afternoon when I checked the website, there was only a banner. At night when I checked it again, new sections were added in. It gave me and uneasy feeling. I don't want to be supporting a dubious organization. The next morning, I tried calling up the company before 11 to tell them I quit but no one answered the phone. Only at around 1105 then the secretary called to ask if I was going. This made me confirmed myself that I should quit.
No comments:
Post a Comment