Actually, I didn't expect my title when I first posted that I would be confirmed to leave for India. However, I did remember previously that the HR manager wanted us to be there on the 15th October. Now I know why it was postponed. The formal training starts on Nov 1st. My colleagues and I are sent 2 weeks earlier supposedly to allow us to spend some time to get use to life in Chennai. However, the main objective though is actually the resources are in Chennai and we have 2 weeks to self-study and ensuring that our Assembly Language are on-par with the 20 other recruits from India. (unrealistic though...I feel very scared... will be an embarassment if I can't learn fast enough... I'm pitting myself against the best of the best from India.. a scary thought.... I think expectations from NUS would be quite high also since NUS is 18th in the world....)
In addition, as my other colleagues put it, we received another bomb today. Training is for 3 months but actually there's another 3-5 months work on a smaller scale project before we are shifted to the more critical project in Taiwan's ASDC or Singapore's SIA. So... instead of being away for 3 months, it will now be 6 to 9months. My colleagues being abit "pessimistic" set it as 1year in India. Anyway, we are already starting to plan our trips around India - Plan to leave as soon as work is off at Friday then come back only on Monday morning (Travelling in India takes a loooooong time. Chennai is nearer to Singapore than to New Delhi in terms of travelling time). Then can blame all on Monday Blues for our lack of productivity on Monday. Hahaha.....
Thursday, October 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh nO! CY u sure going for so long? But yeah with 3 months u can;tvisit lots of places..with one year, can travel to so so many places. Chennai is nearer to Singapore than to New Delhi in terms of travelling time. SERIOUS??
I want to go with YOU!! Hey do they accept ppl with my kind of qualification?? gagaa..
Post a Comment