Monday, October 17, 2005

Airport Adventure

Changi Airport was filled with Indians the day I was flying off to Chennai. It was not because they were there to fly to Chennai. They were there to send off their friends/relatives. When I arrived at the airport, I was quite shocked. In addition, at the immigrations section, there was a special section for those flying to India to be cleared first. I was directed to "Channel B" where the authorities there weigh my hand luggage. I didn't understand why they needed to do that until much later.

I was actually quite late when I started to queue at the immigrations. My flight was supposed to be 9:05pm but I entered the immigrations at only 840pm. Queue was super long and I started to feel panic. Various thoughts ran through my mind like "Oh no.. miss flight...Benny is going to fly to India without me." "Doris is gonna kill me." "My friends are gonna laugh at me." ... Before my queue was over, I saw my friend just coming in to join the queue. I was like "WOAH!" and felt reliefed. I'm not going to be the only one left out... hahaha... if anything goes wrong, both of us will just get it from Doris or our HR manager... Hehehe...

Anyway, when we cleared immigrations, we both ran like mad to the gates. I was carrying a 11kg bag and boy it was damn heavy. I ran out of breath before I even reached C Gates. My friend was already far ahead of me. I couldn't see where he was. All I know was that I have to reach Gate C21. When I arrived at C21, I was so shocked to see that the lights were all off and there was not even a single soul there. I started to swear and ran around panicking even more. When my fear started to subside a little, I remembered and checked my ticket. The gate is NOT C21 but actually C15. WAH!!! THen I continued to run a little further to the gate. I arrived at the gate at about 9pm which is 5mins before the actual flight time. The gate was supposed to be closed 10mins before boarding but it didn't. Lucky man.... Anyway, I want to blog a little more on why this is.... But i guess my prepaid limit is out... will blog again another day.

1 comment:

Greenlamb said...

Wow your dad's reading your blog?
Hi Chin Yun's Dad! Did he tell you about... :P

Haha I should blackmail CY :D