Monday, September 05, 2005

Another job offer

Today I went to the 2nd interview at Tata Consultancy Services. The result -> I have been extended the offer to work with them. It came as a sudden surprise as I thought that my previous written test and interview didn't go well. I called my parents to tell them about it. The first reaction was: "Huh? India again? The pay very low one wor... Go choose some other company". Not only my parents, I have another friend was also very concerned about the pay that I might be getting from this company. Fortunately, the HR manager clarified that I'll be receiving my salary in Singapore dollars plus additional living allowances when I'm in India. I've not confirmed my salary with the HR manager as I was not sure whether it was the right moment to ask. I'll ask her when I meet her again to get the contract.

At the moment, my heart is more or less set for this job offer. If all goes according to plan, I'll leave for India in early October. The trainings session is for about 3 months and after that I am very likely to be posted to Taiwan to work for a period of time OR I could be posted back to Singapore depending on their needs. I'm very excited. :D

2 comments:

Ken Loong Looi said...

Get a job! Earn $$$! Crystal Jade for us!

Oh yeah I heard tap water in India is brown. You can verify this for me when you are there :D

Thats all for now... tata!

HY said...

Wow, amazing! It IS a wonderful opportunity. I have a concern though: How are you then going to treat us with your first paycheck? Somehow sending a postal order doesn't seem quite the thing... Haha... But I'm sure you'll think of a way...