Friday, September 09, 2005

Coffee Bean, Starbucks and so on

These days I've been travelling around Singapore's CBD and shopping centers. Mostly because I need to go for interviews at the offices there. As the title suggest, Coffee Beans, Starbucks, etc catch my attention each time I pass by. The alluring smell of coffee leaves one craving to have a cup of ice-blended coffee with whip cream. But then ar, a cup of it will leave me eating rice with soya-sauce (Labi style - Labi is a rural farming area in Brunei where my father grew up. He likes to intro this dish to us if my siblings and I were to complain about mom's cooking so that we should be grateful... hahaha... :P) or tomato sauce (like the girl who gathers free ketchup from fastfood restaurants so that she could buy expensive fashion labels) for a few meals.

Despite my wallet burning deep these days and I can see butterflies coming out of it, I could not resist the temptation. :S ... I try to give excuse to my guilty conscience by thinking: "It's alright. I'll be earning my own income soon. Once I have my income, it will be alright." True no? Of course, after attending the financial advisory courses, I learnt that this is what most people think and it leads to unsatisfactory results. Majority of people spend first, save later. There are also many who spend future income (like what I'm doing..... eeee.. guilty ler...).

ANYWAY, let's not talk about finance. The more I talk about it, the more sad I am. Boh lui liao~ I realise there are many wants/needs that I want/need to fulfill before leaving for India. I'll make another post on this another day. Back to topic - Coffee Bean, Starbucks & others like Secret Recipe.

I wonder what the secret is in all these Ice-blended coffee. Can one get the same taste and texture from 40cents coffee mix with ice throw into blender? As I blog this, I'm starting to crave for a cup. Maybe I'm just a frap·pé-addict. For now, I will have to control my cravings. See no frap·pé, Smell no frap·pé, Drink no frap·pé.

No comments: