This morning I went off to the company very early. First day mah, so wanna make a good impression. As expected when I arrived at the office at 850am, there were not many people around and the lights were not all switched on yet. I looked around to see if I can find someone to report myself. A moment later, one of the admin staff came and asked. I told her that it was my first day and waiting for the admin officer in-charge. She asked me to sit and wait. While waiting there, I found out that the office itself is separated into two sections. One is TCS and the other is Tata Technologies. TCS people come into the office only around 910~930.
During the wait, I met two others who would be going off to India with me. There's suppose to be another guy but he didn't go to the office today. Anyway, there wasn't much to do at the office today. It was mainly brief abit about when we might be leaving. The exact date I'll be leaveing for India is not yet known. According to the HR manager, we could be off this weekend or middle of next week. We were all abit shocked at the dates set although I was abit prepared as I knew we were suppose to be in India early October.
The best part of working for TCS at the moment is ~ we were all sent back home by 12pm after we settled the administrative stuff and need not report to the office till 30th Sept. This is because TCS Singapore is just a recruitment office/hub. The office here does not have servers or high-tech computer equipments. I suppose those based in Singapore are outsourced to work in projects of clients. My colleagues who would be going to India with me were bragging to their friends that they were on a "paid-leave". This is abit melampau but I suppose it is a good thing that I'm paid to stay at home and sleep till before I fly. =P
Monday, September 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
gonna miss you CY! but so glad u found a job that you like. Will be looking forward for your posts about life in India and maybe Taiwan!! So syiok.envy..
Hehehe... yeah.. I think I will be blogging a lot during my first few weeks there.
As for posting pictures, I used "Hello" to upload to Blogger.
Long time din read blog of all my frens...anyway...Good luck to u la...DOn come back empty hand..if not then you noe
Post a Comment