I was up last night till about 1am doing some last minute mugging on Module 9. I set my alarm to ring at 830am this morning. I woke up at 8 this morning feeling fresh and good - ready to mug some more for M9. I was in a very good mood. Joyfully I went to have my breakfast and left early for Suntec City. I arrived at Suntec City at about 1030am. Not many shops are open yet and the atmosphere was interesting. To be able to see shop owners getting ready for the new day makes one feel ready to tackle the challenges of the day.
Since I was early, my intention was to sit at one of the benches in Suntec Tropics Atrium (located between Tower 1 and Tower 2). Happily I opened my M9 '10-year series' and tried out questions. There were still a lot of concepts that I didn't understand. Suddenly, I realised that I had totally forgotten to bring my passport for identification! That got me panicking. The time then was 11am. I didn't know what to do. I considered taking the mrt back but that would take way too much time and I won't be back in time. So, feeling annoyed, I took a cab back - paid $8 for the trip just to take my passport. I cursed myself for being so absent minded. The more I think about it then the more I felt irritated. I mean I paid $105 to sit for the exam and now I've paid an extra $8 for something that I have considered pulling out from....
I mugged on cab unhappily. It was a horrible experience to read on a cab. As soon as I got down the cab, I felt nauseous. I quickly grabbed my passport and other important documents just in case then took the bus back to Suntec City. Fortunately I returned to Suntec City Tropics Atrium just in time. I had 15minutes before the exam started. In addition to this, I passed my M9... Yay! Don't really know why I celebrate though. I still have to attend product training sessions next week.
In other news, I got a call from CSA regarding an interview with them. This is the first time the person asked me what grade I got for the Information Systems Development project I did in my 3rd year. I told her "C+" and her reaction was like "Wah! Why so bad?". In my mind I was like "What the??? How can you be so straight forward one? Sh**.... S'pore kiasuism......". I had to explain what went wrong in the project and how we could've improved on it. She was not fully convinced but arranged an interview for me anyway. Hai~ Although I'm only in the process of getting employed, I experienced some office politics even in the training sessions. There was one guy who brags that he's from the top agency in the field. I mean "Duh!"... Don't need to brag all these leh. When talking, he speaks as if he is a level higher than the rest of us. Do I have to be like them to survive this cruel dog-eat-dog world?
Friday, September 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh so the guy's sounding a bit alpha male there then! Talking himself up trying to be superior hah.
Some juz talk the talk but dont walk the walk.
Post a Comment