This year is my 3rd year of matric fair helping experience. On the first day of the matriculation fair, I did not know what to do. Despite being experienced, I had already forgotten the strategies and tactics to lure freshmen to signing up for a club. In addition, I didn't have the mood to actually talk to them. I felt very not responsible/attached to the club that I was promoting. After a while when more freshmen came, all I did was just pass around the flyers.
On day two, when Ah Loon and I were manning the booth, I remembered how it was like to handle matric fair. I motivated myself to approach the freshmen but selectively. It was only when KY came that changed my work pace. It was his first experience at matric fair and enthusiasm of recruiting is in him. I saw the passion in him and was motivated further to work.
At the end of the day, we recuited quite a number of people and the following tips were noted for matriculation fair recruitment:
1. Think positively and be happy
2. Set target of how many recruiments to be made
3. Apply marketing strategy -> Customize and re-brand the product for each individual faculty/student. Talk to them, learn a little about them, package the club's positive points to suit their needs/wants
Anyway, after 4 days of matriculation fair, I find that my throat is now sore and I'm down with a cold. The selling points are ingrained in me. Fortunately, this is my last matriculation fair helping? From this experience, maybe I can do sales liao? Hahaha... maybe not.
Friday, July 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment