Thursday, July 21, 2005

Graduation (My Long Over Due Post)


After 3 years of studying in NUS, I have finally graduated. During and before the graduation ceremony, people around me asked how I felt about graduating. Truthfully speaking, I don't feel any different from before. Maybe it is because I am still hanging around in PGP often and have yet to get a job interview. *sigh* .... I am very eager and excited to start my first full-time job. Ironically, just about a year ago, I felt insecure and scared because I know I was going to graduate. I felt like my world is coming to an end. However, as the semester progressed, I started to look forward at the exciting new possibilities. By the start of last semester, work was on my mind.

Commencement 2005 - I was expecting something bigger and more spectacular as it was the centennial commencement. Maybe my expectations were abit too high. Anyway, the ceremony was just like how a ceremony should be. Everyone wearing formal, act well behaved, silence throughout the hall as the names were read, clap boringly....... except for 1 of my classmates who lighten up the scene by hugging the Dean of SoC when presented with his scroll. That made everyone laugh and gave him a good applause. The loudest and longest applause went to a handicapped graduate. He was on wheelchairs. Sign of respect to him for not letting his handicap bother his studies.

After the ceremony, I was stuck in the hall because of the heavy rain. The UCC was so packed with people because no one could leave. Fortunately, the rain stopped about an hour later. Afterwhich, I went back to PGP to had photo sessions with my PGP gang. =)

1 comment:

Yen Chin said...

A graduation ceremony is an event where the commencement speaker tells thousands of students dressed in identical caps and gowns that 'individuality' is the key to success. ~Robert Orben