I know I made a resolution to finish blogging 3 posts before the end of last week... It seems that I can't fulfill it. Before the end of this week, confirm can... =P
Well, my previous post was about my flight back home. The flight experience was cool! (which led me to blog such a loooong post about the flight) Anyway, the first few days I was home, I spent most of my free time sleeping. I slept early at around 10pm every night and woke up early at 7am every morning. In addition to the normal sleeping hours, in the afternoon, I would also take short naps of 1-2hours. I don't know why but it was kind of stressful to be sleeping all day like that. I don't really want to sleep so much but I can't help it if I'm tired. My mom didn't seem to mind me sleeping so much so it was ok (because I fulfilled her requirement for me to sleep early and wake up early). Instead she asked me to rest more. Maybe I was trying to catch up on all the lost sleep for the past half year.
My final semester in NUS was one of the most packed schedule semester I have ever had. I started off the semester thinking that I will sit back and enjoy the final semester, singing "Let it be, let it be". Ironically as the semester progressed, I worked harder and harder. Kiasuism has been ingrained into me. I know I don't need to worry too much about my grades BUT I felt bad and insecure everytime I ignored my assignments. I would wake up every morning with a shock and my body wet with cold sweat. I told this to some of my friends back then. This led to me making the resolution to focus on my assignments. At the end of the day, I guess, it was worth the effort. Looking back and saying - Oh wow... my final semester... I had worked hard and played hard as well (although it was more of play hard initially then work like siao at the end)
Anyway, back to the main topic. There are so many changes in Brunei over the past 1/2 year I was away. When I went back in December, there were a number of constructions taking place. This time I was back, the new buildings/roads are up. New hang-outs. New people around. However, somethings never change. Every Saturday, tamu at Seria is still filled with the familiar aunties and uncles, buying their weekly fresh groceries. Whenever I walk around Seria town, I would take my time to scan faces of people who are there. Once in a while, I'll meet someone I know. It could be a friend; it could be my teachers from my previous schools; it could be just shop-owners who have been running their shops in Seria for decades. It makes me feel nostalgic to think of it.
Most of the people whom have not seen me for a long time are have this same comment - "哇!你这么白阿". My GP teacher on the other hand commented - "You look like a typical Singaporean". I don't know how to reply to these comments. My GP teacher could be right as I peppered my conversation with lah's and lor's. My skin very fair? I think it has been fair since I was young especially before I was a teenager. Every time I engage myself in physical activities, my whole face would turn red. My best-friend from primary school, MK nick-named me apple-face.. Don't know if he still remembers. I don't know when my skin became 'thicker' such that I'm no longer apple-face. Abuthen har... 2 years ago, the PGP gang discovered my red ears... which I don't know why they turn red. They say that I am embarrased over those issues but I don't. If embarassed, my would be face turning red, right? It still remains a mystery to me......
Anyway, distracted again. Ok... This time I was back, I don't watch as much tv as I used to. I spent more time on my brother's computer though - playing "Feeding Frenzy". This game is cool! I have it in my laptop although I don't play it as often these days. When I was back in Brunei, I didn't get to meet up with my Brunei friends. I wonder how they are. All I know is that most of them are having industrial attachment. I managed to meet up with a friend who recently got married. He was a great athlete and the fastest 100m dasher from my secondary school. I think he ranked 3rd in the district. These days, he doesn't look as sporty as he used to and have gained some weight. Nonetheless, I still can't out run him. Hahaha.... I met up with KY and JH once in a while though to go yum cha with JH's cousin. Now, I'm wondering when is the next time I will be back in Brunei since there is no fixed holiday season for me liao once I start work. I also wonder what the market condition in Brunei would be like 3 years later....
Tuesday, July 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment