Sunday, November 25, 2007

World MBA Fair

I went to the QS World MBA fair held at Grand Copthorne Waterfront earlier today. The overall experience of going to the fair was good.

I get to see variety of schools AND people who have clear goals and ambitions of what they plan to do with their career. The questions that these people ask to the representatives from the various schools are... interesting. Although my intention to attend this event was more to kapo brochures from the schools that I am keen with and cabut, these passionate people drew my interest to some schools that were not in my initial list. Due to these questions, some of the school reps sold their school's strengths well (maybe I have been tricked by marketing gimmicks. Anyway....). Roughly quote one - "You come in. We repackage you into where you want to be. We are the key to Asia Pacific especially into China".

But of course, after awhile it gets boring with the usual obvious Number 1 question that keeps popping up at every counter -> "Tell me more about your courses specialise in Finance. Which top banks recruit from your school?" (It's all about the money... lalalalala....) I don't deny that I am also very much tempted by the prospect of high paying I-banking jobs but..... is it really something that I desire.......

Anyway, shall not bore you all with all the details - let's say, I was enlightened. Need to do some soul-searching.............

 

(On a side note, there was one particular school that has a booth there but there's no representative. However, that did not deter a huge crowd of prospective candidates flocking to the table and grabbing whatever that was placed on the table. Everyone was fighting with each other trying to pen their names onto the white sheet of paper so that they can be informed of more information. I was thinking... wah... this school SI BEH DAO.... hidung tinggi sia........ abuthen I also squeezed my name onto that piece of paper. Hahaha.... Wharton, thy name is dao. =P)

2 comments:

HY said...

Hahaha.. see the herd instinct at work, coupled with Singaporean kiasuism... cannot be beat :)

CY Chai said...

hahahaha.....annor - When in Rome, do what the Romans do =P