Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Microsoft and I

After not blogging for quite some time, I am back again.... posting techie stuff. The reason for this is because my life is currently revolving around Microsoft. I'm thinking "MICROSOFT RULES THE WORLD" (if you think that's exaggerated, then ... let's put it as Microsoft rules my life for now). Work and play with Microsoft products like Word, Live Messenger, Sharepoint Server, etc... When Microsoft says to install critical patches, I would have no choice but to do so. Otherwise, my comp can go die because someone has found some ways to manipulate loopholes in the Microsoft product. I HATE Microsoft for the fact that I had to work OT on Saturday night from 7pm to Sunday 6am trying to install something that is so trivial to them. Maybe I have myself to blame for not understanding the whole picture better (work relationships / benefits, etc which I shall not elaborate here)

Nonetheless, I'm very much impressed by the Microsoft Premier Support Technical Account Manager. It is because of him I gained confidence in Microsoft. Although I'm not satisfied with their products but with him support, I can feel assured that the system will run fine. The only thing that's not nice about him is that whenever he looks over at my pc, he snarls whenver I use google (which his complain is that for every search you make, google earns 14c - use Live Search instead - MS gets 7c), gmail (Live mail is the way to go). Today he introduced this new WindowsLive thingy. I have just finished installing it and giving it a testdrive. So far, I am ..... stunned by the level of improvement Microsoft has made over the past 2 years. ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING. People may argue Microsoft monopolise the market, give low grade products but since working on Sharepoint 2007, Office 2007, MS EasyAssist (the ultimate system problem pWnage tool) and now WindowsLive.... they have a reason to "monopolise" - they cannibalise their own products and introduce new and better ones before their competitors are able to catch up. It's not wonder they hold such huge market shares much to the ire of other software companies.

Anyway, am just testing out this Windows Live Writer for blogging. So far, it's been smooth and I like the way how this tool feels.... For some of you who don't know, Windows Live Messenger 8.5 is out - install it together with WindowsLive - Great Interface. Now, what I need next is maybe an XBox 360 to complete my Microsoft experience. :P

No comments: