Earlier today I dropped my wallet at the Bukit Batok bus interchange. I panicked and searched around the station. Then, got an uncle who came over to tell me that he saw a girl took it from the floor and stared at the buses to see who is looking for the wallet. After a while, she left the station and then he saw me looking for my wallet.
Immediately I went to the Bt Batok Neighbourhood Police Centre to report my lost wallet. At the NPC, there was an officer on duty attending to a lady who was reporting her family feud.. What I understand was related to some divorce issue but who was I to bother about her problem when I had my own problems. I was still in abit of panic and on the advice of the officer, called the bank to cancel my ATM cards. So, I have to replace my cards later for a fee of $5 each card.
After the lady was done, it was my turn to report (30mins after I went). Just as the officer was about to key in my report, 2 teenagers came in, a guy and a girl. They were just about to report a wallet found. I looked at the wallet in his hand and my eyes gleamed as I recognised it as mine. I felt relieved and wanted to give him some money as a reward but he declined. I don't know who he is except if I heard correctly, his name is ChngYi whose IC number starts with 88 so.. means he's born in 1988. Thanks for finding my wallet and returning to me.
On a side note, the problem occured because of my this particular pair of 3/4pants which can't hold my bulky wallet. I dropped it once 2 years ago in PGP canteen... and now in public. This would teach me never to wear this pair of pants liao when I wanna go out. Tomorrow have to go bank because I in a "stressed" mode quickly freezed my ATM cards. Well, I should also be thankful that I got back my wallet with my 2ICs inside... else it would be more problem..... like the saying goes... po cai xiao zai
Sunday, June 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment