Last Saturday TCS Chennai held it's Annual Day Outing for the RTSC (Retail Travel Solutions Center) office at Queensland Amusement Park. The entrance fee was heavily subsidised for TCS employees. Usually, it would cost Rs.400 per adult entry, for TCS that day, it costs only Rs25!! (with lunch, high tea and transport provided).
The amusement park is located at the outskirts of Chennai. It took us about 1hr to reach by the company bus. Interestingly, I finally understood why Wikipedia reported that Chennai is the Detroit of South Asia. The automakers are all on the outskirts. There were so many trailers carrying newly assembled cars or parts. Also, it was here, I get to see the stereotypical impression of India's roads -> cows everywhere!
Anyway, the amusement park was quite interesting but after awhile, it gets abit disappointing. I now realise how grand Jerudong Park is. The sheer size of the park and the rides available at JP was top class (well... at least it was 8years ago). The interesting/unfortunate thing about this park is that no one really care about safety especially people "customizing" the rides to get the "kick" out of it. One example is the pirate ship ride. There was this guy who slipped out of his chair so that he was standing when the boat rocks. My friends and I were so shocked to see him out of his chair. He supported himself by grabbing the bars behind him. Imagine if he lost hold of his grip, he would have been sent flying.... crazy fellow.
Another case that happened was this "Crazy Horse Ride". On first look, it did not seem dangerous or exciting to ride at all. As the name suggest, it is a "horse ride". Basically you sit on the "horse" and it will rise, shake and spin. When I saw it, I was thinking "Goodness, this kind of ride also considered fun ah? It's more like for kids only". Suddenly, when the "horse" made a 360-spin, a guy flew out of his seat and did a "breakdance" on the floor. He looked a little scratched but no serious injury. After that, I then noticed got a girl holding onto the "horse" so tightly with her eyes closed! LOL....
The biggest disappointment with this park is the famous Vertical Drop. It was my first time trying out that ride. My friends knowing that I have a great fear of height/falling dared me onto the seat. Somehow, on that particular day, I was not feeling that scared at all but I know that I would be screaming when I fall. As I went up the ride with another friend, I could feel cold sweat breaking out of my palms. Suddenly without warning, it just dropped. For the 1st "drop", I was like - "Huh?". In my thoughts were - How come I could feel my butt all throughout the ride? Shouldn't I be screaming? Where is that "fear" I was expecting? Disappointed, I took the 2nd "drop" with full of confidence. Later I checked with my friend and confirmed that the drop was slower than "normal standards". He then recommended me to try out the one in Australia, supposedly powered by gas instead of chains. Well, I think I will go try out JP drop first... =P
At the end of the day, my friends and I were all tired and tanned. Overall, it was a great day.
Sunday, February 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment