Maybe I shall start with my review of most "catchy" movie of the year so far - Transformers the Movie. This movie is cool! The way how the Transformers are animated is just awsome. Though I have plenty of praise for this show, I also have a lot to complain about. What happened to BUMBLEBEE?? They've upgraded a volkswagon beetle into a sports Camaro. He was my least favourite autobot when I was watching G1. In this movie, he's like the coolest thing - outshining my G1 favourite - Jazz.... speaking of which... how dare the author kill off Jazz in just 1 Scene?!?! *SOB* Heartbreak leh... he was the coolest Transformer in G1 - a Porche... then in this movie kena downgraded and torn to bits by Megatron. Hai~ I would've like to see more of Optimus Prime in his "prime" role where he does planning & leading instead of just playing background character. But overall, it's still a good movie to watch - "More than meets the eye" eh?
On a side note, today I was reading a newspaper article about the new Citibank Clear Credit Card which does not have any minimum income requirement. The spending limit on this card is at $500 and minimum age to apply is 18years old! What shocks me is not the age but a comment by "a local businessman". This man mentioned that it's ok for his children to have the card because it's a "SMALL SUM". His 2 kids get $700 allowance monthly ... so letting them have a $500 spending card is (I rephrase) - peanuts! zzzz.. $700 allowance... I wonder how they spend that money. It's more than what I spend on my monthly expenditures excluding rental/utilities. Interesting to think what I would do as an 18yr old with $700. Hmmm... When I was 18, I had only $10/week which I still have savings - but then again... that's Brunei - Food for thought.
Also another thing has been running through my mind - the recent news of the Goldman Sach exec who was "banned" from being appointed CEO of the China Operations due to "language barrier". He failed the language proficiency test that was required of high ranking officers of companies operating in China. Sheesh.... It came somewhat as a "wakeup call" for me. Now 我天天得好好学我的汉语。 At the same time, ore no nihon go, boku ga benkyo shimasu. Boku ga zen zen wakaranai boku no nihongo. Aih~ Walaubagaimanapun, ko-kan capai impianku.
Back to myself - recently been listening to a lot of classical music - thanks to Nodame Cantabile anime. It has introduced me some very nice symphonies and sonatas such as Beethoven's piano sonata 8 - Pathétique (2nd Movement - Adagio Cantabile), Symphony No. 7 1st & 4th Movement. Really amazed by Symphony 7 1st movement that I found a nice version to listen to online at www.charleslatshaw.com. As for the anime itself, I think it's a very fresh anime with a girl who is just so out of the ordinary - unlike most anime, here u get a "normal" and yet "abnormal" girl because of her messiness and inability to act "anime-girly" yet so talented with the piano. I enjoyed the Gyabos & Mukyas.
It's getting late. I shall end my post here and go sleep. I bet I had written a rojak post again. Have a great weekend people.
No comments:
Post a Comment