Thursday, October 26, 2006

Who stole my cheese?

I came home yesterday night feeling very happy with the wonderful night drizzle. While walking back, I was thinking of a blog post about – “Who moved my cheese?”. I wanted to post about changes in my work and lifestyles. However, I was stunned and horrified by the opened windows and grills of my rented HDB unit.

I looked into the house and immediately saw that the bedroom doors were all opened. The inside was all messy. I rushed into the house already knowing that my laptop is definitely gone. On entering my room, I found my luggage bag pulled out from the cupboard. My table was messed up - Laptop definitely missing. I went over to the table hoping that they’ll at least spare my external hard disk drive…. But no… they took my drive while leaving its pouch behind (b*******!). I went over to CY’s room and discovered that his laptop was also gone. So, I frantically searched for the police hotline. I was wondering whether I should call 999 or 995 or maybe the police station number if I do have. Anyway, after a short dilemma, I just dialled everyone’s favourite MRT station number – wun-be-der-wun-be-der-wun-be-der. The operator on the other side answered “Police emergency”. Again I was stunned. Is this an emergency? Will I be fined for abuse? (What the hell was I thinking???). Anyway, I told them my issue and the officer just said that he’d dispatch someone over.

The police came about 30mins later and I described to them my statement. They did some dusting for fingerprints. I’m not sure how much it would help. I always felt that in reality it is not like what they show on TV where criminals are caught immediately after their fingerprints are known. I lost my precious white Macbook which I recently repaired a logic board problem! Grrr… Other than that, I lost my red bag, camera as well as a bag of 20c coins. My housemate lost his laptop, bag, Malaysian IC (!!!), driving license (!!!), cologne and some RM. Interestingly although they ransacked my bedroom; they dragged out my luggage bag, they did not touch my Indian rupees although it would’ve given them a nice S$50.

Ah well as my initial intention to write about “Who moved my cheese”, yea… this is one good example as well. My cheese has been taken away and I’ll need to find new cheese. ZzZzZz

6 comments:

Tiang said...

Just call us or anything if you need help...

Anonymous said...

Oh no CY... Is there insurance...? Keep us updated on this k.

Anonymous said...

f**k those theives!!

CY Chai said...

No insurance :(
Oh well.. just suay

Anonymous said...

Yea,wonder what kind of brain cells these burglars have.. really feel angry at them, yet nothing i can do. Move on, get a better laptop when u move to new house, and enquire about security at your new place. The place you are staying now, very near the road, and i think they must have known you guys go to work in the day time, hence no one at home. Btw, talk about the changes in your work and lifestyle (that you were supposed to post)

EeLing

Anonymous said...

Hope police be able to track down the burglars soon. At least I have confidence on Police in Singapore, not like those in my country....

Well, just meet us if you need any help. Take care and god bless you.