Saturday, October 07, 2006

Long absence

Yo! Minna-san!!! CY-desu~~~~! HOOOOOooooo~!

It has been almost 3 months since the last post. Many of you had been wondering where are my new blog updates. SAY! SAY! SAY! I've not updated mainly because I can't seem to find a good topic to blog about. Now, since it's been a long time so I have an excuse to update it. Hahaha... =P

Now, for updates on CY happenings:

1. Java 2 1.4 Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP)
Over the past 2months or so, I've been preparing for the SCJP exam. It was quite a funny experience to be doing Java again after being exposed to TPF (Assembler). (Warning: Technical Stuff. l33t? w00t~) I was able to appreciate some of the subtleties that was taken from granted especially on optimization of code and memory allocation. The most interesting part was I felt like an expert when it comes to bitwise operations and logically operate on them. Had quite a good training in Chennai on these. Back in Chennai, one of my TPF trainer's wife is a Java programmer so he told us that TPF can do etc etc etc. We play with memory and stuff such that but when his wife tells him all about Struts and Object Orientation, he just goes "wow~!".
Anyway, I took the certification exam on Aug 31st at Informatics Computer School (Jurong east). I am quite surprised when I went to Informatics. When I got there, my first reaction was "Where am I? Am I still in Singapore?". I had to look behind me to see where I walked from to confirm that I am still in Singapore. Hahaha.... There's so many Africans around that I don't think that they are from any one country in Africa. It must be quite a diverse population there. Interesting but strange as I don't see many people with dark skin around shopping centres.

2. Salsa?
Recently (maybe not so recent), one of my colleagues has started (completed) learning beginner salsa. So, he's been asking me to try it out and go dancing at the clubs. I feel interested but at the same time a little hesitant. I went with him to one of the salsa events to have a feel of how it was like. This happened about 2 months ago. We went to Hard Rock Cafe on their Salsa Thursday? At that time, my friend usually goes to another salsa club and it was also his first time there. We were there to check out how it was like. I find that the place is quite nice and not many people smokes. There are still some but it's not like when coming out of the place, you find that your clothes stink of smoke. Anyway, this place is filled with "experts". Quite a lot were doing advance moves, twisting and turning that I am just in awe watching them. I can't dance in such a place yet... will just feel paiseh in front of so many Pros. Now, recently I forgot how it started but I have gotten the interest of another friend to Salsa. He's also had no dance experience like me and is very very keen to go. Hahaha... Most probably this coming Tuesday, we'll all head out to a "beginner level club" to get a better feel of how it's like and then take a course.

3. Night Cycling
Ah, this was quite a fun event. There were 8 of us who went for this event organized by the PGP gang. Credits to Jenfi for planning to route out. It isn't easy to find the roads and we had to change the routes along the way as the originally planned route is impossible for a group of first time night cyclers. The original route was almost covering the whole of East, Central and West of Singapore. It was planned for like from ECP to Changi Airport then to Bishan then to Upper Thomson Road then to Holland Village? to West Coast park to CBD to Katong and back to ECP. Scary.. Hahaha.. Anyway, we did first cycle to Changi Airport and then to Changi Village for supper. This is the first time I saw planes taking off from Changi airport other than being inside the departure hall. I just love seeing planes take off. I don't know why but I just enjoy seeing them take off (as one of the AIESECer alumni put it - Penguin effect - shall explain more of this "Penguin effect" in next post.... qua.... depends on my mood and inspiration ha :P). Thinking about this, I sometimes curse my poor eyesight else I might've been a Captain? Don't know... Hahaha. Seems fun. Oh well......

Hmm....It seems that I've posted quite a long post here. I shall stop here to allow you all to digest this long post.

No comments: