This world cup has been quite an interesting one. The weak teams were cleared in the group stages (no surprise there) and the big teams (expected to win - Brazil, Germany, England) were all wiped out before the semi-finals (except Germany). I was half-surprised (after miracle 1 - against Spain and 2 - against Brazil) that France won last night's semi-final match against Portugal. The band of gOLDen men whose average age is in the late twenties? I'm not very sure about this as I did not do a research on them so this is purely speculative. It is interesting to note that they were struggling through the group games. Although they have not yet won the World Cup, I am predicting that they would.. this year.
I was never a supporter of the French football team but I would like to see them win this one. The main reason is because it will be the ultimate retirment dream of one of the best football players in the world - Zinedine Zidane aka The Magician. The strange thing is that... I have not personally often see him play (for reasons that I don't usually watch Real Madrid or France matches). But the wonderful things I've heard about his skills and some video clips that I watched, it is really a wonder how someone is able to control the ball with such grace and strike with precision. Of course, I don't doubt other footballers ability as there are many others who are of equal or maybe better. Here's a clip on Zidane. He has this particular turning move that fools people chasing him down often. On a side note, Zidane actually belongs to the minority in France as his parents were both Algerians. I remember reading somewhere back in December during the racial riots, Zidane was asked to play a role in urging for peace (I could be wrong).
As for France reaching the finals, I have 2 theories that I thought of. One is that the French coach is a very cunning man. He creates a ploy for other teams to think that France is weak in the group stages. Once out of the group stages, they unleash their true power. Another is that related to Zidane and that football is controlled by money. The teams lost on purpose because they were paid well so that the movie will depict Zidane as the greatest footballer of this era. Of course, these are just theories so don't quote me. On the other hand, France might've just been lucky or they enjoy the winning charm of being the underdogs. France defeat to Senegal in 2002 was shocking. I think they've made a good rebound.
Lets watch and see what the final result of this world cup would be. Italy or France? Who do you choose?
Thursday, July 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
DOWN WITH FRANCE!!!
BOOOO!!!!!
SHEISSE FRANZOZISCHEN!!!!
lol... why u so anti their team?
FRANCE!!!!!
KOKO!!!!
IM SO HAPPY ITALY IS CHAMPION!!
WAHAHAHA!!!! ITALY RULEZZZZZ.....!!!! HEHEHEHEHE....
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment