Thursday, July 13, 2006

Captain Jack Straw's compass

Yesterday I went to watch Pirates of Carribean 2. I've not seen the first episode so I have no idea what happened then. The thing that struck me was the magical compass that will point to the direction of what you seek the most. I'm guessing that in the first movie, Captain Jack was led to some valuable treasure successfully. *Minor Spoiler alert (in "invisible" ink)* - "In this one, the compass seems broken. Jack is shown as if he knows what he wants the most - Key to Dead Man's chest.... but the compass points in all directions indicating that his heart is not set and he isn't sure what he really wants." .

It would be nice if I had such a compass but it just strikes me as well that it might not give me a heading at all. The other day I was talking with a friend at Taka, it was weird that he hit me with the same question that slapped me hard and woke me up in Dec 2004 (@NLDS Singapore). My friend was reflecting on a situation that happened to him at that exact location few years ago and he was pondering on then and now. Anyway, the question was phrased differently but the answer to be given is the same. It has minimal impact compared to NLDS. After 1 n 1/2years of thinking, no answer yet except maybe I was given a shock and charged with motivation that lasted for more than a year. Now I'm wandering again, drifting along with life, swept from side to side.... Where's my heading I ask?

Need to set an aim for myself.

Determination. Courage. If it is to be, it is up to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Captain Jack Sparrow.. Aarr...
Sotong Bakar..hahaha...

Tiang said...

yeah... it's up to you!