Sunday, January 01, 2006

Welcome to 2006!

2006 is here!
This is the first year that I am finally no longer a student of formal education. However, I have extended my education to informal education. New Year is here so I must make some resolutions. Abuthen ar....every year, I am only able to follow the resolutions for 1 to 2 months at most. This is mainly due to unrealistic and absurd resolutions that I set for myself to follow. Therefore, this year I shall have some simple resolutions to work with. My 3 simple resolutions for the New Year:

1. Eat healthier - search for green vegetables and fruits in Chennai. Less of prata, dosa, vada and especially all the kababs with thick gravy. (Note that I put "Chennai" because for the moment, I am indulging myself with all the Char Kuay Tiau and Katong Laksa with thick santan :P)
2. Exercise regularly - well, I've started this when I was in Chennai by doing some simple stretches, pushups and situps every morning I wake up. Now just have to extend it to the weekends and go jog at the beach more often or at least play football.
3. Continue learning - Now that I'm out of NUS, I have just automatically enrolled myself in the University of Life where EQ matters more than IQ. After 2 months of my working experience, I have seen cases where academically smart people don't know how to handle situations maturely or sensitively. At the same time, I have met people who are superb in defusing tension and don't seem to crack under pressure. I will invest some of my time and money to learn the necessary skills to do well.

With this 3 resolutions, I hope to live a healthier and happier life. In addition - A wish for World Peace. Cheesy as it may sound but like what the editors of the magazines I've been reading said - we don't need any more of terrorism and wars to cause havoc with so much natural disasters and deadly diseases to trouble with. Anyway, have a Happy New Year and may all of you be healthy and happy everyday.

No comments: