From the 24 of us studying TPF at ASDC (a wholy owned subsidiary of TCS), only 4 of us (from sg) were retained to work in ASDC; specifically the SIA project. Yesterday the rest of the 20 went back to TCS to report to the HR there for project allocation. It took them until today before they knew which project they were allocated. 11 have been allocated to Worldspan (a global Centralised Reservations System for airline industry), 3 assigned back to ASDC for SIA and 5 others who are still waiting (most probably get SITA - the "internet" for airline industry).
Anyway, I have been assigned to do AMS (Application Maintenance and Systems) under airline reservations department. Basically my role is more of enhancement and support to the current existing programs. At the moment, my project manager does not have much for me to do except that he expects me to finish reading modules on reservations domain. I never realised that booking a ticket is so complex. I never bothered what a PNR (Passenger Name Record) is. Just let the travel agent settle everything (which shows how complex details are encapsulated from the customer so that customer just buy and fly with comfort).
For the moment, I still don't have an idea when exactly I'll be returning to S'pore as it depends on how fast I can absorb the skills to move on. It seems that I(the four of us) might have to request for more than we are assigned to do. This is to be able to grow faster due to different expectations of us from the rest.
Thursday, January 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment