Saturday, December 10, 2005

Exams & Cyclones coming soon

It has already been 8 weeks since I arrived in Chennai?!? Time really flies...... There's a little more than 2 weeks before this intensive training program ends. The main part of TPF theory has ended, we're only left with the labs as well as the final section - TPFDF (whatever that means :S)

There'll be a final exit test on Dec 26th. I suppose my Christmas this year will be spent in my room studying instead of enjoying Christmas TV shows back home in Brunei. Good news is that after training ends, we only need to report back to the main company on January 3rd 2006. This means that I have 7 days off!! Wooohoo!! At the moment am now trying to arrange for my flight to go back to Singapore on 26th Dec midnight. If it is settled then I'll arrive in Singapore on Dec 27th 7am.... but this is not confirmed yet. Don't know if there is still available seats or not. I can only go and arrange for this on Monday. After going back to Singapore, I'll have to reapply visa to return to India as my Visa is single entry.... so mafan. Seem like I will need to set out a plan & lists of to-dos when I get back to Singapore.

Well, putting the good news aside, Chennai is about to be hit by another cyclone - Cyclone Fanooz. *yawn*.... This is getting very very tiring and irritating.... Suddenly out of nowhere a new cyclone just forms and threatens to hit Tamil Nadu. It is becoming like a routine and I'm already expecting certain things to happen when it hits. No surprise that plenty of areas will suffer water logging problems especially near my office. My clothes won't be dry after washing.... Not only that previously, in all the cyclone attacks, at least 2 or 3 people would die from electric shock. The most recent case reported by the newspaper was because of water logging, people dig the roads to let the water flow. They dig it too deep that they hit the power cables below. No problem initially but as cars drive pass it, it damage the cables further. Just so happen a 60yr old man with his grand daughter walk by .... got electrocuted by it. His son saw him fall so he rushed to try and help but ended up he was also killed. It was tragical.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exams and cyclones mentioned in the same breath? Either you think that exams are going to be a major trial or cyclones are no big deal...

CY Chai said...

haha..well, exams I'm not scared of... Cyclones... well.. the recent cyclones were not as serious as the first one so it isn't a big deal :P

But I hope no major cyclone will hit Chennai though.