Sunday, December 25, 2005

Chennai Week 10 Ended with Chicken Rice Driven Code!

Finally I'm back in S'pore....... home (at least for now)..... The feeling is very nice. Suddenly I can breathe properly again and not worry about the thick dusts on the roads. On reaching West Mall in Bt. Batok, I was overwhelmed to see "familiar sights" of spacious shopping arcades and "crowded" (the crowd in West Mall can't compare with weekends at Spencer plaza, although Orchard might). Christmas shopping crowd, young children running around the mall doing their own shopping with their "wah laos" and "lai dat meh?". I just realised that I've never seen a bunch of kids hang out together as a group in shopping centers without their parents.

Everything looks so clean and so organized here. It is very comfortable to be back here after the "stressful" lifestyle in India. The night before and the day before that I was still rushing to complete my lab assignment. I managed to finish the code in record time. It shocked myself and everyone in class as we were suppose to program 5 options. I completed all 5 while the rest are still working on the 1st option. I scare myself...... Like what I told my friends, this is the power of chicken rice. I was very motivated to complete my codes by yesterday evening because I know I would not be able to go back on Monday to work on it and submit. In my mind was just the wonderful Singapore Chicken Rice, Char Kway Tiau, Bak Kut Teh and all the various delicious non-spicy Chinese food. I have had enough of spicy Indian food especially the non-vegetarian ones. Prata and Chicken curry, Chicken Tikka, Chicken Briyani..... ugh... the week I knew I am coming back to S'pore, I had problems eating the food there in India. I lost all my appetite. According to my friend, Loon - "我瘦了"... Must be because of the diarrhea last week. It seems that a lot of other people are also having diarrhea in Chennai because of the water pollution. Newspaper initially reported that the cause is unknown but yesterday it was reported that the disease is cholera. So.. I think I might've been affected by cholera without knowing it. Good thing nothing bad happened. It seems that a few people died from dehydration due to excess loss of fluids from diarrhea. Some had to be injected with fluids as oral intake is vomitted out. My friend Benny was vommitting that day. I'm not sure if related or not.

Anyway, now that I'm back here in Singapore, I suppose it is time for me to do some shopping! My New Year Shopping list is just being compiled.... Hahahaha... :D

No comments: