I've been reflecting on certain issues recently such as where I am headed. Interestingly few days ago was my 1yr anniversary of returning to Singapore. Time seem to fly when I look back. However, looking at myself, I also wonder what have I gained over this past year. When in India, I was so keen to come back to Singapore to start a new life. I was empowered in India with experience and awareness of the changing world. As I spend hours reading up on current affairs and financial news, I realised that I was quite limited with what I could do in India (unable to apply what I learnt). I was frustrated at the situation so I kept looking ahead to my return. I read plenty of self-help books preparing for my return to Singapore to claim my place.
However, after my return, I've changed... Situations changed, I adapted to the situation conveniently - laziness, procrastination, sloth.... the evil deadly sin. It doesn't help that I had too much freedom for 3 months. Why did I succumb to these? How did it happen? I think one main reason was because I was a dreamer.... and am still a dreamer. CY continues to dream of a better life without making an effort to achieve. Dreaming how life would be IF etc etc etc happens. I have always been a dreamer since I started to think about my own future in secondary school. I visualised myself coming to Singapore. I visualised myself achieving the impossible in A levels. Over-dreaming has led to complacency in believing success without putting in effort. Time to set my foot down and make a stand where I want to position myself for the future.
On a site note, you would've noticed the strikethrough "basically"s in the first paragraph. I did it on purpose as I would like to erase the word from my conversation (I gave up in 2nd para as it was too tiring to fit in an "unnatural" word). Ironically when I wrote this post, I had to force myself to use the word "basically". At first I thought that "basically" comes natural to my way of conversing. I suppose that it isn't. Hence, I shall try to avoid using basically or any other similar words before I start a sentence.
6 comments:
wow, CY once again start blogging. haha..AT least, you didnt dream while writing this entries .. i hope.. hohoho.. In fact, u are consider as a success man compared to many out there who keep changing, changing and changing their job. Anyway, i have read the book called " the rule of life" its really great. Here a rule for u.. haha.. Rule 20, "Dreams Are Great But Reality Is Fine Too". i found it meaningful.. what say u ?
By the way, other then basically u can use ultimately, in a nut shell or bla bla bla.. just a recommendation. hahaha.. Keep it up bro. U will definitely find ur way to enjoy fullest of ur life.
*kicks CY's butt*
You just need to get out of your comfort zone. STOP DREAMING AND START DOING!
*kicks my own butt too* :D
I think the word basically is used as a conversation filler, but you do not actually need to use that word; it does not carry any extra meaning. So perhaps it's not enough to strike it out in your blog posts but to pay attention to fillers in your speech. Just a thought, heh.
Hmm, fist few years at work are probably a time of searching for your niche. Work hard and don't give up hope, because the right opportunity is still out there and you want to be prepared for it when it comes. That goes for all of us ;)
wow.. thanks for the comments. I thought no one come read my blog liao after I left it for so long. U all also jiayou ba. :)
Mr.Basically Chai. Haha
OneZerow
hahaha... who that mention my name ..haha.. >.< ..
Post a Comment