Monday, November 20, 2006

I'm back!

I bought myself a new pc last Saturday. This time a desktop. Hopefully the burglar won't think of coming back for this. (Touch wood. *cha-go-ba-hao*chapzhu*). Anyway, it feels quite different to be having a desktop again after being so used to having a laptop around. I can't bring my pc anywhere I like anymore. Oh well, I've traded off convenience and portability for power and performance. =P

After I set up my desktop, it blocked my usual walking path in the bedroom. Because of this, I accidentally kicked the bed support twice on the same foot! The toe was still fine after the first kick.. the 2nd kick, just made it turn red and immediately swollen. It was darn painful. A little unbearable too. I think the bone might've cracked. Abuthen ha.... despite of the injured toe, I don't know whether I'm crazy or just so enthu, I went for my Salsa lessons yesterday.

Initially, I thought that it would be fine for the toe since I'm wearing a shoe, everything is covered. However, my leather shoe was not comfortable at all. Exepcting it, I brought sandals to change just in case. I tried to walk out abit but I could not walk far without feeling pain. I limped from my HDB unit to the next then gave up. I changed to sandals and travelled to the studio. I changed back into my shoe and ... danced. This proves that dancing with pretty girls can take the pain away. LOL ... but after that I can feel my toe hurting again. I couldn't walk far so I changed to my sandals after limping all the way to the bus-stop. My sandals never felt more comfortable.

Hmmm.. speaking of salsa - After this 3rd lesson, I realise that my basic turns from lesson 2 suddenly become so rusty or my partner's turning is rusty. I can't feel that smooth palm turning but more of her grabbing my hands then I get stuck or I grab her hands, she gets stuck. Not only that, when the instructor lets us to "free-style" at the end of the lesson, I have to spend more than 10s thinking of my next move. Execute 1 then think another 10sec for the next move. The girl I was practising with "free-style" yesterday quite bu-shuang me. 90% of the time we were just basic-stepping. She voiced her dissatisfaction at my "fan-shu-ness" (potato-ness). Oh well.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol..you sure u r grabbing her hands?

Anonymous said...

Of course i'm sure. Why? It's not like I'm drunk or unconscious.