Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Shopping for.... BOOKS!

Last weekend I've spent about $100 on books alone and got myself 10 new books. Hahaha... It was on special offer - buy 4 books, the cheapest book will be free! Ever since I came to India, I've been reading more and more (partially because there's nothing much I can do here except watch TV and read - TV getting boring as I'm not so keen to watch Tamil/Hindi shows, anime only 1hr every night - Every morning, will just tune to BBC). I realise that I'm spending quite a "good" amount of time "studying". It wasn't as fun when one is forced to read case studies and perform analysis for the sake of getting 15% - In fact, it was horrible - the stress to do well especially when I know that the module is "fun" and "easy".

Now I'm picking up the books again but on my own initiative. There's so many things to learn from the gurus of various disciplines. At the moment, I'm very interested in management books as well as self-help books. It has opened me to think critically about issues relating to my own life, career growth and my company's development - how it is important to be taking initiatives instead of sitting back and waiting for things to happen.

Anyway, shall not dwelve too deep into those topics. Maybe I should write an essay or research paper in the future based on what I've learnt so far and use it for MBA application... Hehehe.. but for now, it is too soon to say what I'll do in the future. I'm just planning for my future. ;)

The immediate plan is tomorrow is final day of work in Chennai and I'll be off to Delhi on Thursday morning - freaking early morning flight (555am IST).

1 comment:

EeLing said...

wow MBA! Hey the books are of the older versions or new versions? I used to like to go to the Indian Place back in Penang where they sell second hand books/older version at cheap pprice..buit now dunno where is it already..