First of all, I would like to thank my friends who organized my birthday celebration two nights ago. The experience was chilling especially when I entered the airconditioned r2 tv room after the fountain event. To tell the truth, I was surprised. I didn’t think much of what happened when KY switched off the lights in the TV room. I was concentrating fully on the game and didn’t give a second thought on what had happened. KY came over and said “Wah, zhe yang juan xin da game ah?” Even with those words, I didn’t pay much attention to him either and continued. It was only when the people behind started to sing “Happy Birthday”, I realize that they were throwing a celebration for me. Hahaha…. Good one. This is really a big surprise.
My experience in throwing birthday parties – First time, can catch people by surprise. After that, no more surprise liao. For my birthday celebration – last year was the ULTIMATE. Really original idea – Triple celebration, none of us three knew what really happened. Wah lao… I would like to congratulate whoever it was to get me DoTAing because I would be caught by surprise by the event. (My weak point – concentrate on game too much. =P) When they asked me if I was surprised, I answered “Partially”. As I was usually the one who organizes the birthday parties so I roughly know when and where it would take place. I had a feeling about it earlier in the day but totally forgot about it when we were DOTA-ing so much.
During the speech request, I said my speech topic would be “为什么你们不可以丢我下水” and NOT “为什么你们不丢我下水”. I was already preparing a wonderful speech on all the reasons why you should not throw me in. BUT! All of you have filtered out what you want to hear. Poor me. Poor my ‘bad attitude’ when I said those words. I was just trying to act cool. Of course, maybe it was also partially due to my poor command in Mandarin where I was corrected later – “为什么你们不应该丢我下水”. This would be less confusing. Basic Chinese 4 for me next semester! ….. Wait… I’ve graduated. No more Basic Chinese modules for me. Honestly, after 1 semester of not studying Basic Chinese, I can observe that my Mandarin is no longer as good. I can’t speak as fluently and I’ve forgotten a lot of characters. I guess I’ll have to practise often to keep it smooth just like English. Before coming to NUS, I can safely declare my English is good. Now, I don’t take care in using the correct grammar as long as the message is conveyed correctly to another person. On the other hand, I can say that I speak Singlish very well (which is nothing to be proud of, because I’m not Singaporean). I spiak very the good Singlish lah. If u all nid tuition for Singlish, I can b ur cher – Best in S’pore, JB and some say Batam. Dun play play orh. I also realize that I think more in Chinese rather than in English. In the past, I only think in English because I studied in a mission school.
Thank you all for the celebration. My birthday is actually on the 21st of June. My family celebrates it on the 11th day of the 5th Lunar Month which is why I have to be home before 17th June (which corresponds to 11/5 of the Lunar Calendar this year). Thanks for the wonderful sausage pig BUT NOT for the embarrassing pose. Wah lao eh you guys. I’ll get you guys for that!!! Grrr!! Have a good holiday everyone.
1 comment:
I think the photo developer will be shocked to see how people can be so barbaric. They might mistaken it for pictures taken from the Iraqi prison. lol :P
Post a Comment