After today, it would mark the end of my fourth week here in Chennai. It has already been 1 month! Wow..... 5 and a 1/2 more months to go before I leave India. Time seem to be passing quite fast now that I have a lot of homework to do. There are lots of assignments and lab work. It feels just like my first year in NUS again. Not only that, the things they are teaching us is very much similiar to what I've learnt before.
All throughout the lessons so far, I was trying hard to recall what was taught by my lecturers in my first year. Concepts taught in 2nd year and 3rd year are rarely used. Now I can follow all the other working ppl who always say that only take the basics out of uni, the rest of the stuff taught is useless. Ironically, the two modules which I was quite weak in my first year - CS1102 (Data structures & Algo) and CS1104 (Computer Organization). A lot of concepts about computer memory access, how computers work and all the binary and hexadecimal numbers are coming back to haunt me. It has turned from my weakness to something that I must conquer else I will have to start looking for another company liao.
Class is starting to become less noisy. I think my classmates have become less enthusiastic about asking redundant questions. This is because the more questions they ask, although make them look impressive but our working hours would be extended until we can complete the sessions. We are on a very tight schedule and must complete by Dec 26th. I think they are having some projects that urgently need people so they want to make sure we grasp all the concepts quickly and can work immediately after that.
AIESEC Chennai's Diwali Night
Yesterday I finally met up with the AIESECers and trainee in Chennai. AIESEC in Chennai had organized a Diwali night for the trainees. I was so happy to meet them. The feeling was like I know these people very well and not strangers. The setting was so familiar. It made me feel quite at home. AIESECers here talk about the same thing - welfare of trainees. The Financial Controller going around getting money from the AIESECers and helping to assign a trainee buddy to the newly arrived trainee, etc. After the normal AIESEC event, trainees have their own trainee party gathering nearby to send off another trainee. It was very very nice to be with people of the same group again.
I met a Taiwan guy who was so happy to see me. His first reaction was like "Do you speak Chinese?". I replied in Mandarin and he was overjoyed. He exclaimed that in his 7months here I'm the 2nd guy from "The Far East" that he met in Chennai. Anyway, other than that I "interviewed" the trainees on their weekend activities. They travel alot during weekends - leave from work on Friday evening, take overnight bus/train and go straight to work on Monday morning. It is very tiring but they say it is worth the trip. I'm looking forward to joining them once my trainings are over. Muahahaha.....
Anyway, think this will be all for my summary of this week although I have more to say but my surfing time is almost up. I'll update again another time. By the way, I have work tomorrow (>_<).... it's a Sunday.... gosh.....
Saturday, November 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
:) :) :) :) The power of AIESEC :P 91 countries, 800 countries, 350 conferences, 5000 leadership position, 1 organization ;) You'll be even more surprise when u go to a conference, with so so so diverse countries, but they all seems to know the same jargon, and dance, that you dont feel the language barrier at all. :P Too much of AIESEC, sorry if i bored your other non-AIESEC readers :)
EeLing! The moment I saw that there was one comment in Chin Yun's new post I KNEW it was you :P Hahaha...Get back to work! since its not MSN will not give you virtual smack :P hehe...
Ganbatte!
Post a Comment